Certificate in Bookkeeping
Accountancy is one of the most interesting and varied professions in the world.
East London College is an approved centre to offer the AAT Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping.
This qualification is designed to increase the opportunities for a richly rewarding career in finance, either as a current or future employee or as a successful independent finance professional.
The AAT Certificate in Bookkeeping is a short qualification that provides a thorough foundation in bookkeeping and basic accounting practices, including double-entry bookkeeping. It is ideal for starting a bookkeeping career and perfect if you have a natural ability with numbers or are already working in accounting and looking to back this up with a qualification. Also as a small entrepreneur you can save money by maintaining your own basic accounting records.
Whatever qualification, experience or age you have, this flexible course will fit around your lifestyle and commitments.
Basic Accounting I
- Principles and procedures related to processing business transactions, financial documents and payments for customers and suppliers.
- Developing skills in processing ledger transactions and preparing an initial trial balance.
Basic Accounting II
- Maintenance and reconciliation of a cash book by accurately entering receipts and payments, balancing off the book and reconciling with bank statements.
- Knowledge and understanding of the UK banking system and related organisational activities.
- Petty cash transactions and the importance of the Journal as a primary accounting record.
- Maintaining control over debtors and creditors, aided by preparation and use of debtor and creditor control accounts.
- Non-standard bookkeeping transactions and double-entry bookkeeping records.
11 weeks (including Lecture/Revision /Study and Exam weeks), on a part-time study basis.
2 x Computer-Based Assessment – Exam Duration 2 hours.
Once you have successfully completed this qualification, you will receive exemptions from the Level 2 Certificate in Accounting (AAT Professional Qualification).