Award in Education and Training (AET)
City and Guilds 6502 Level 3 Award in Education and Training (AET)
(formerly known as PTLLS)
East London College is delighted to offer you the Award in Education and Training (AET) programme. This Level 3 Award is an introduction to teaching that will give an insight into the roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training, how to plan and deliver inclusive teaching sessions, and how to assess and give constructive feedback.
The AET is ideal for people wishing to enter teaching or for those working in other environments such as Work Based Learning or the Voluntary Sector. The qualification is on the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF).
CALL 020 3633 0005 to speak to a course advisor!
The Award in Education and Training (AET) is a Level 3 qualification. The course content and practical elements will be covered in an intensive four day programme. You should expect to dedicate around 30 hours of private study in addition to classroom lectures, but will have unlimited access to our staff and resources during the course.
On completion of the AET you will know about:
- Own role, responsibilities and boundaries of role in relation to teaching
- Appropriate teaching and learning approaches in your specialist area
- Demonstrating session planning skills
- How to deliver inclusive sessions which engage and motivate learners
- The use of different assessment methods and the need for record keeping
- Relevant legislation, regulations and codes of practice
To achieve the AET, you must successfully complete both the theory and practical assessments. This includes delivering a 15 minute micro-teach session to your peers during the course, and completing written assignments, which you will be required to submit electronically on completion of the taught sessions.
The AET course objectives have been designed to enable you to:
- Adopt an integrative approach to the theory and practice of teaching and training
- Reflect on own previous/current levels of experience, practice and skills, and potential for development.
- Build up knowledge of principles of learning, teaching and assessment and evaluation.
- Develop own communication and interpersonal skills.
- Develop an awareness of own professional role, the essential value systems which underpin it and the legal requirements for carrying out this role
Methods of Assessment
In order to achieve your AET, you will complete a series of theoretical and practical tasks. East London College delivers the AET course content holistically while preparing candidates extensively for a micro-teach session.
Our highly supportive and fully qualified teaching staff will guide you through the process, through focussed classroom activities and lectures. You will have access to the college’s reference library, which stocks a number of texts from the recommended reading list. In addition, whilst at East London College, you will have unlimited internet access. At present, there are no examinations for AET.
Entry requirements for AET
Whilst there are no formal entry requirements for the AET, the nature of both the theory and practical assessments which you need to achieve for the AET, are such that you will need good written and spoken English, i.e. the ability to read and interpret written tasks, and to write in an academic style. You must be aged 19 or over to enrol on this programme.
Candidates will also need to organise their work and supporting materials clearly and coherently.
Course delivery method
We use a blended approach to course delivery. As well as class based taught sessions, students will be engaged group activities, complete a micro teach session and will be encouraged to use a range of technology as well as traditional methods to meet the course criteria.
The course tutor will provide support whilst the students are completing their assignments.
Our overall approach, whilst tutor led, is student centred.
ELC offer flexible payment plans to suit your individual circumstance!
We have the most cost effective and affordable ways to pay for your education and training for all courses - call us now on: 020 3633 0005